Although your heart and emotions can also be impacted, the thyroid gland generates thyroid hormone to help the body in a variety of ways, many of which are related to metabolism. There are two different varieties of thyroid hormone: T3 and T4. T3 is the primary thyroid hormone and performs most of the work, while T4 is more specialised and may act as a fine-tuning hormone.
Why Might I Require Thyroid Medicine?
When the thyroid is malfunctioning, you may have too much or not enough naturally produced T3 and T4 in your body. Some people struggle because their bodies do not naturally convert enough T3 hormone to T4 hormone. Typically, the only way to treat hyperthyroidism, also known as hyperthyroidism, is to totally reverse the disease until your thyroid is forced to underperform, giving you essentially the same condition as people whose thyroids are not functioning as effectively as they should be: hypothyroidism. This is so because thyroid medication is the only recognised treatment for hypothyroidism, whereas there is no known cure for hyperthyroidism.
How is Hypothyroidism Treated?
If you have hypothyroidism, treatment involves a prescription for artificial T4 hormone (the lightest treatment), artificial T3 hormone (a very strong medication that can cause alarming side effects until the right dosage levels are found), or, more commonly, a mixture of the two. The most important thing is to work with your doctor to find the right dosage of medication for you, as everyone’s body will respond differently to the various treatment options.
What are the Advantages of Taking T3 Medication?
Here are just six of the almost miraculous benefits that taking T3 medication, whether by itself (which is rare and only used in extreme cases due to the severity of some of the side effects), or in conjunction with a lesser, balancing dose of T4, can offer a patient who has been suffering with their loss of thyroid function:
- Weight loss will occur and return to normal; however, people who have thyroid dysfunction may experience weight increase due to the thyroid’s role in metabolism. Once the prescription is started, the extra weight will start to disappear once more, returning you to your normal trim state. (Take note that using thyroid medications as a weight-loss aid is not advised; they are only effective when the gain was brought on by thyroid dysfunction.
- The regulation of body temperature will balance: even when wrapped up in blankets or seated right next to a fire, hypothyroid people have a hard time warming up, while those with hyperthyroidism do. Thyroid medicine jumpstarts the metabolism, which helps to restore normal body temperature by burning energy at an ideal rate.
- The mood will improve: People with hyperthyroidism can become nervous and anxious, jumping at shadows, and unable to relax, whereas people with hypothyroidism are the opposite.
- The opposite, irritated and drowsy, and frequently too exhausted to show enthusiasm for occasions that they ought to be honouring. A fresh start can be provided by thyroid medication, which can also help you feel more positive and appreciate life again.
- Skin and bone health will both get better: Bone strength will be recovered, and your skin will stop looking dry and cracked and start looking supple and young again.
- Energy will return to normal: As previously mentioned, your energy levels will also be restored, and you’ll have the time and urge to pick up your hobbies and repair your relationships with family and friends as well as your mood.
- Sleep disturbances will be eliminated. While hypothyroid people can sleep very deeply – sometimes alarmingly so because thyroid levels can dip low enough to send the sufferer into a coma, at which point urgent medical treatment is immediately necessary – hyperthyroid people tend to sleep lightly, waking frequently, and not really getting enough deep sleep to be truly rested. These problems are evened out by a proper T3 dosage, leaving you rested and with a much better body and mind.
Where Can I Get T3 Medication?
Ask your primary care physician where and how to obtain T3 medication, and then consult with your medical professionals to determine the ideal dosage for your particular requirements. As medicine as a whole moves toward a more individualised approach, thyroid therapies, which have traditionally been individualised based on the patient’s weight, the severity of the condition, and demands, are just catching up.
Image Sources – Google
We put a lot of effort into producing unique, excellent material. The information presented on globalsinfo.com may not be replicated, copied, or distributed in any way without the correct credit or acknowledgment.